Improving Family Connection
Would you like to respond differently to criticism, anger, apathy or general drama from your family members? Want to cultivate relationships where family share more honestly and see you as on their side? Longing for a different quality of connection with your parents, children, siblings, in-laws, or anyone else with whom you an ongoing relationship?
Developing the practical skills for self-connection, listening and expression with family can have a profound impact on the quality of connection experienced with our family. Whether you currently talk all day everyday, a few times a year at holidays and gatherings, or have not been on speaking terms for years, there are tools available within the NVC framework that can shift towards better meeting needs for connection, understanding, belonging and intimacy.
In this workshop we will:
- Learn essential self-empathy tools can provide a significant amount of relief.
- Develop capacity to remain grounded so we can better serve family needs.
- Discover the power of silent empathy for others and practice in a safe environment.
- Practice expressing in ways that can be heard by family, including those who “don’t speak NVC.”
- Take steps towards becoming an advocate for peace and connection, even when others in your family are in conflict.
Facilitator: Sandra Amiry
Tuition: $50-$120 sliding scale
When: Saturday, December 14th, 10:00am to 4:00pm
Where: SE Portland, register below to get more information.