(Tuesdays, 7-9pm, SE Portland STARTS OCT 23)
Sandra Facilitates. (For more information about Sandra, click here.)
Begins Tuesday October 23
Do you feel a strong connection with the teachings of NVC but find it difficult to put it to work in your own life? Would you like to learn how to experience the consciousness of nonviolent communication so that you can authentically express yourself with ease, flow, and effectiveness?
Practicing NVC in a group is a powerful way to receive support, grow confidence in your abilities to effectively communicate with others, and explore connecting with others with a sense of aliveness and appreciation. People who have participated in our NVC practice groups have discovered a sense of ease and harmony in their lives and their communication abilities, incorporating the teachings of NVC into their daily interactions in a way that feels natural, easy, and authentic.
- Develop the ability to have compassion for others even when they are speaking in ways that are difficult to hear.
- Distinguish our observations from the story we’re telling ourselves about what happened.
- Translate judgements into underlying feelings and needs.
- Empathically listen to others and express ourselves authentically.
- Practice making requests that aim to meet everyone’s needs.
Prerequisite: Completion of a Basic Skills workshop or Foundations class within the past year OR read Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life by Marshall Rosenberg before attending the first practice group session. Please contact us if you have concerns about this requirement.
Cost: $10.00 per session or $35/month.
Location:Near SE 12th and SE Powell. For more information, please fill in the contact form below.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Interested in joining us? Got questions? We’re delighted! Complete the contact form below, and we’ll connect with you as soon as possible.[contact-form-7 id=”1984″ title=”NVC Practice Group Contact Form”]