Would you enjoy having a relationship with your children free from struggle and conflict? Would you like to gain the skills to take care of yourself so that you have energy, patience, and creativity with your children?
In this weekly NVC parenting practice group you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other parents dedicated to supporting one another in the challenges and joys of parenting using the skills and consciousness of Nonviolent Communication. Together we will discover how NVC can enhance our relationships with our family members and support our well-being and the well-being of our children, partners, and families.
- Develop the ability to have compassion for others even when they are speaking in ways that are difficult to hear.
- Distinguish our observations from the story we’re telling ourselves about what happened.
- Translate judgements into underlying feelings and needs.
- Empathically listen to others and express ourselves authentically.
- Practice making requests that aim to meet everyone’s needs.
2012 Fall Session: Our NVC parenting practice group meets weekly on Sunday afternoons from 4-6pm in Southeast Portland. Fall session runs from October 21, 2012-December 16, 2012. Winter session will begin in January 2013.
Prerequisite: Completion of a Basic Skills workshop or Foundations class within the past year OR read Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life by Marshall Rosenberg before attending the first practice group session. Please contact us if you have concerns about this requirement.
Cost: $10.00 per session or $35/month.
Location: All of our practice groups are located in Southeast Portland, near SE Hawthorne and SE 39th Ave/Cesar Chavez. For more information, please fill in the contact form below.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Interested in joining us? Got questions? We’re delighted! Complete the contact form below, and we’ll connect with you as soon as possible.